It’s the last episode in our video series on Modern Data Ecosystems. It’s been an insightful and interesting journey, and we’re thankful for all who were involved. You can catch up with the previous episodes below...
- Episode 1: Understanding Modern Data Ecosystems
- Episode 2: The role MDM plays in a Modern Data Ecosystem
- Episode 3: The role Data Virtualization plays in a Modern Data Ecosystem
- Episode 4: The role a Data Catalog plays in a Modern Data Ecosystem
- Episode 5: The role a Data Management plays in a Modern Data Ecosystem
- Episode 6: The role Advanced Analytics plays in a Modern Data Ecosystem
This week, Mike Evans, Chief Innovation Officer at Amplifi spoke with Louis Grosskopf, Senior Director of Product Management at Actian. They’ve shared some fantastic insights about the central role of Cloud Data Platforms in today's modern data ecosystems. These platforms are not just about storing data; they're dynamic hubs where data comes alive, enabling real-time analysis and decision-making.
They touched on topics such as:
- The role a Cloud Data Platform plays in a modern data ecosystem
- Why cloud migration is a big driver for modern data ecosystems
- Why you can’t 'buy' a data fabric
When talking about cloud migration, it’s important to stress that it’s not just about keeping up with the times. Instead, it's a strategic move towards greater scalability, efficiency, and securing precious data.
Another key takeaway from the discussion was about the common misconception of being able to 'buy' a data fabric solution. Actian stresses the importance of understanding data fabric isn't a one-size-fits-all product. It's an architect unique to each organisation. Every business’s needs and journey are different and therefore, everyone’s data fabric is different, and it will be built for your needs and your growth.
If you’re interested in finding out what role a cloud data platform could play in your modern data ecosystem, watch the webinar here: